But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
2013 Week 31: We Have a Driveway!By Evan Nehring
I'm in a bit of disbelief. Just a few weeks ago we wondered whether we should rip out our cracked driveway and now it's complete! My family has been such a blessing with this project. I've been coming home from work each day to find amazing progress in my absence. Thanks fam!
I'm still learning how to handle these big projects. They take my routine and my progress toward this year's goals down a sort of side road. The terribly funny thing is that the whole family is dreaming about how we could knock out this wall and redo that room. Visible progress brings energy.
We'll see how far the energy takes us!
Here's the week 31 version of my goal updates for 2013.
1. Have 12 monthly date nights with Colleen.
So far, August has involved getting very dirty and sweaty. That's OK. We've got three weeks left.
2. Lose 37 pounds.Last check in I hadn't really had a chance to weigh in. This time I just wouldn't. I know I'm up a little. I'm tired, but there's still time. I'll be buckling down heading into the fall.
3. House projects: Finish Organizing Upstairs OfficeAlright, all the equipment is tested and working beautifully. Goal for this next two weeks. Get it priced and get it listed on eBay.
4. Meet my Road Trip writing deadlines for 2013.
The writing is going well. In spurts, but well. I finished off two more chapters this period. That's four finished chapters in four weeks! I've made up at least a week on my overall timeline. The big picture: first draft done by Christmas. The next deadlines to catch up on...
- August 12 for Servant, Apprentice, Journeyman, Master
- August 26 for A-LIST ~ Abilities: What Am I Good At?
- September 9 for A-LIST ~ Location: Where Do I Want to Work?
5. 50th Anniversary PreparationOnly 23 days until the celebration. It was great to do some preparation with Mom and Dad here in Wausau as we hit the final stretch. These next three weeks will be all about the slideshow.
It's been a good couple of weeks. I feel like the summer projects need to fall away so I can focus on health and writing for the fall. My half way post has given me a lot of hope and inspiration. That picture of the holiday celebration is very clear. By God's grace, faith will become sight!
Comments are always welcome!
Any final plans for the summer?