The most viewed post of the first year...
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
2013 Week 29: The Blog Turns OneBy Evan Nehring
It's been a year since I went public with EvanNehring.com: July 22, 2012. What a year it's been. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that it's been much better than I even realized. You see, I've got this app that tracks blog stats for me and, well, it appears to have been much less than accurate! I've been thinking I've had 12,000 page views this year. Actually, I've had 12,000 page views since mid-May!
They say that blog readership can snowball if you stick with it. Can it ever!
- July and August 2012 were around 1000 pageviews.
- December 2012 - 2367 pageviews
- January 2013 - 3726 pageviews
- March 2013 - 4558 pageviews
- May 2013 - 5345 pageviews
- Last 30 days - 6610 pageviews
The most viewed post of the first year? Worship 1: Passionately Pursuing God
Beyond all the stats, it's been a privilege to chat with so many of you in comments, on Facebook or Twitter, or privately. I've never been more committed to embracing all it means to follow Jesus and to flesh that out with core values and with life's major decisions.
Thanks for riding along!
Here's the week 29 version of my goal updates for 2013.
1. Have 12 monthly date nights with Colleen.
July's date was our best of the year. We had a nice meal at Applebee's, a stroll on Rib Mountain, and a quiet evening together.
2. Lose 37 pounds.OK, don't throw anything at me...I don't know how I did this two weeks! I was going to weigh in this morning and forgot until I'd left for work. If it's not in the morning it doesn't work. I easily go up and down five pounds in a day. So this will be a four-week check in at the next goal post. Still officially at 24 pounds.
Plan: Maintain WeightWatchers nutrition plan. Morning workouts.
3. House projects: Finish Organizing Upstairs OfficeI got moving on the equipment in my office this week, but just as far as testing. That's OK, it needs to be done. A couple of my old effects units are in the garbage now, so that makes some space. Goals for this week:
- Finish testing the last three pieces of equipment.
- List on eBay everything that's going.
4. Meet my Road Trip writing deadlines for 2013.
Great two weeks for writing! I finished two chapters: The Lecture Hall and The Library. I've made up some time on my timeline. If I catch all the way up, first draft will be done by Christmas! My next deadlines:
- July 15 for The Campus: Juggling Demands chapter
- July 29 for Core Value 6 ~ Outreach: Loving My Near Ones
- August 12 for Servant, Apprentice, Journeyman, Master
5. 50th Anniversary PreparationMade some nice progress on the anniversary program this week. Only 39 days until the celebration. Goal for the next two weeks: rip a pile of pictures for the slideshow.
It's so beautiful today! 70 degrees and sunny. It's midsummer and God has blessed this year to date. Thank you, Father, for your hand on an exciting first year with the blog.
Comments are always welcome!
Any great surprised in your neck of the woods these days?