Hope you're seeing good things in the new year as well!
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
2013 Week 2: Good Things Comin'
By Evan Nehring
My productivity guru, David Allen, says he doesn't do new year's resolutions. Rather, he constantly evaluates his commitments and changes focus throughout the year. Point taken, but there's still something about sticking your heel in the ground and saying, "I'm making these changes right now!"
The new year works for me partly because we usually have time off over the holidays. We can reflect and plan. Two weeks in, I'm thrilled with how the plans are coming!
1. Have 12 monthly date nights with Colleen.Yes, we made it to The Hobbit 3D on our anniversary. Three hours flew by since both the story and the company were so enjoyable. I believe next month will be a Valentine's Day deal. Let's pick a day: Saturday, February 9, 4 pm, dinner out and some cruising the town. Love these days!
2. Lose 37 pounds by May 6.Once again, the family had a great, healthy week. Once again, I'm down 4 pounds. I'm down 8 and ahead of pace by 2. The holiday weight is gone and I'm getting that "let's go, let's go" feeling!
In case you're wondering why 37 pounds as my goal...that's the weight at which I can likely sleep nights without my CPAP machine. I know because I've been down and back once or twice. Can I get it done in April?
3. Log my 2013 walking/running mileage.The three miles/day walking is getting easier. I'm busting out more steps during the day and often have nothing to make up in the evening. 14 days and 49 miles down.
4. Meet my Road Trip writing deadlines for 2013.The book proposal is will underway, but it won't likely be complete in two weeks. Here's why. In order to do the chapter-by-chapter summaries, I need to move to organizing my research material for the later sections of the book. That was to be a job for later, but I'm tackling it now.
So, I'll have a complete table of contents when that's complete. I predict completing the outline like that will accelerate my writing.
5. Complete the new roof project.I've got to say that the roofing DVD was very helpful. There wasn't anything much new, but the visual step-by-step approach has this project moving forward more clearly. I woke up one day thinking about project steps. If family and friends are coming for a big roofing weekend, I intend to be very prepared.
Well, my friends, I hope your year is shaping up well. Much of that is determined by what you choose it to be. Make it a great one! I'd love to hear about your plans!
Subscribe to receive my posts by email. Plus, you'll receive my 31-Day Road Trip Rest Stop Devotional by email starting within an hour!