Plus an offer for a free, full-color 10-page action manual.
Five great questions of life: Life * Love * Learning * Labor * Leadership
Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Involved! And Vote!
By Evan Nehring
Predicting the winners of Tuesday's elections doesn't matter. What matters is to do everything we can, before and after that day, to keep the people free. To do that, we have to get, get, get, get, get...and vote...
Be informed on the issues so you know how to vote responsibly.
Be the informed citizen in your circles! Be a resource in your family, work and church circles for people to talk to about voting rationale up and down the ballot.
- Use the library! Most of us can’t afford to buy all the books we’d like. I sign in to my library account online and order the books for pickup at the drive-through.
- Make a home book shelf for citizen books. Set up a place at your home for books and resources to get informed as a ruler of your country!
- Look up your local county party: Literally _________ Party of ___________ County. You can expect:
- Monthly members meetings
- Committees to join, such as Membership, Volunteer, Public Relations, Finance, Candidate
- Candidate campaigns for local, state and federal offices.
- Attend local government meetings: City council, county board, school board. Possibly speak in support of issues during public input segments.
- How much time can I give?
- Heavy involvement – 5-10+ hours/week
- Moderate involvement – 2-5 hours/week
- Minimal involvement – up to 2 hours/week
- At home
- Telephone calls, internet support, email communication
- Letters to the editor
- Walking literature drops
- Event planning
- Consider investing in local parties, candidates and issue groups.
- Money puts tools and resources into the hands of those volunteering their time.
- Pray for the citizens and elected officials of our state and our nation.
- Considering running for local office: city council, county board, school board.
- Commitment is typically a few hours a week and some positions receive modest pay.
- Opportunities also arise to run for state and federal office.
- The local party is an excellent preparation ground to run for office.
Vote!If church people were informed and voted their values at a 95% turnout rate, this alone would change the country.
This is why it’s important to get connected! You can’t possibly do independent research on every candidate at every level. You need to connect with like-minded citizens to pool information and make good choices.
And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” – Esther 4:14
I implore you, Rise to serve.
ChallengeIf you are able to attend my presentation at the Wausau library this weekend, I have a great full-color 10-page handout which may serve as your manual for getting involved as a citizen-ruler.
If you are unable to attend the presentation, there is a way to get your hands on these notes right away. Just sign up below to receive my blog posts by email, then message me at firstname.lastname@example.org saying with a subject line of "Rise to Serve Civic Involvement Notes". I'll reply with the PDF document attachment. You can sign up and request it if you're planning to attend, too.
Final reminder: the multimedia presentation is Sunday, November 4, 2 pm at the Wausau library. Full details here: Rise to Serve: Calling Believers to Civic Involvement. I believe these ideas can change the country!
Subscribe to receive my posts by email. Plus, you'll receive my 31-Day Road Trip Rest Stop Devotional by email starting within an hour!